App is not opening

I am wiping everything and starting fresh. I will update once it is done and see if I have any issue

Couple of things to suggest, is the pi connected to the internet? On first run it needs to download an apk and extract it. Other thing is ensure you are using a decent power supply.

Iā€™ll be doing a new install shortly so can check nothing has broken with pi updates, however as there are no other reported issues currently, I would guess thatā€™s not the case.

I had to go out of town but when I get back later I am going to check everything. Strange thing is that I updated the pi via internet but when I ran the app it wasnā€™t connecting to host now. Iā€™m going to revisit it when I am home later and I will let you know. Appreciate all the help thus far.

Yeah, this is being odd for sure. I am starting to wonder if there may be something wrong with the board, I may have to order another. I do have a separate one but I already have it set up for a custom car dash so I do not want to mess with it. the odd thing is, it seems to have internet connection, as it did the update for pi fine but it doesnā€™t seem to want to connect to the APK or Github.

When trying to connect it says in terminal net services crashed. I will look in to that.

Looks as though the ethernet got disabled somewhere though out the process. not sure how. Got that back up. got through the first part with setup-pi.sh but now it seems to not want to ge the driver.
Working through that now

So, I completely wiped my pi and started fresh with a new SD card and image. was able to get it to work up to a point. Phone plugged in pops up with CarPlay image. But it dissipates shortly after screen on pi stays white. Getā€™s stuck on white screen. I am starting to think maybe there is just an issue with the board. I guess I will try to order another one and see how it goes. I appreciate all the help you have given me to this point. I will update once I get a new board and try again. hopefully if anyone else runs in to issues this thread will help. Cheers

It sounds like you are pretty much there, remember the first time you run it, it has to be unlocked to register CarPlay on the phone. Also send the logs if you can when it goes to the white screen, there should be a bunch of output in the terminal.

When I boot up, it will auto load. If I donā€™t have the phone plugged in, it will go to the main screen with the settings options. This is the log info that comes out in terminalā€¦

CarPlay flashes on for less than a minute on my phone then goes back. Nothing seems to happen on the pi. Doesnā€™t show the screen at all. I accepted the CarPlay stuff already from the first time I plugged it in.

Iā€™ve just built and packaged the 64 bit version, tested to ensure nothing was broken, all is working fine. This is a freshly imaged SD.

Unsure what else to suggest here. Did you do any updates once you booted the new install for the first time?

Yes I updated everything. I am thinking there is just some issue with the board maybe. Not really sure what else it could be. I am buying another one and will see if that may be the issue. I appreciate all your help.

I donā€™t update when I test a version, I just do a brand new raspbian image and then straight from there, I would give it a test, sometimes the latest updates have issues, and I have seen some flying around about gpu acceleration in chrome

Itā€™s been a while but I was able to get a new PI 4 and saw that there is now a 64 version. So I downloaded it and ran everything the same as before following your steps. Now I am getting a java error related to permissions. Seems that it is not able to access the file folders. Though I did the steps multiple times. Deleted downloads and. re installed as well. Not sure where it is going amiss this time.

I was actually eventually able to sort this out though I am not even sure what I did in the end lol, It is working now however the only thing I noticed is that it is pretty slow to act to touches. I have it at 60fps but it does not seem like it is running that quick, it stutters a lot and will process touches slowly. even If I use mouse it reacts slowly. I am running a PI 4 b with a SSD connected to a 15.6" touch screen. Is there any tips or tricks to maybe speed it up?

Sorry, only just seen this!

You will struggle with 60fps on a screen that size.

Whatā€™s the resolution?

No worries. I havenā€™t messed with it in a while. I will have to check the resolution and current config when I have a chance tomorrow.

Iā€™m having this exact issue, Iā€™ve tried 32 and 64 bit OS but no luck I get the same results trying all the suggestions aboveā€¦

Using Pi4 Pi Touch screen and Wired calinkit dongle

OK I can now get to load and auto boot to connect phone, but as soon as I plug in the carlinkit I get the FATAL ERROR LIBUSB TRANSFER ERROR and it quits