Image CarPlay React

Hello,

I’m trying to connect the raspberry with react image to an Audi RNsE radio, I’m testing with a normal screen, when I connect to the radio, I can’t get an image, how can I change the image settings? Does anyone know the correct definition in config.txt

Hi @MrDude,

I’m about to start on a project to do the same thing - connecting the Raspberry Pi to my RNS-E to get CarPlay up and running. How are you connecting the output from the Pi to the RNS-E? There are two main options that I am aware of:

1. Using a multimedia adapter box or other pre-built converter to take video (probably composite) from the RPi to the RNS-E
  2. Converting the HDMI output from the RPi to the RGBs signal that the RNS-E video input needs (using HDMI → VGA and then a sync combiner to get the ‘s’ in RGBs)

Are you using one of these options or something else?

I believe the correct video output format would be 576i PAL, which in the RPi config.txt should be something like:
hdmi_group=1
hdmi_mode=22

I hope that helps!

Hello Polo,

thanks in advance for the answer, I’m using option 2, I’m using an active combiner with the 5v coming from the VGA, then connecting the RNsE’s 32 pin plug to the pins for this purpose…

so I’m going to try this configuration.

thanks again

Hi @MrDude,

I haven’t got this far with my build yet - I’m still collecting parts! I was planning to build my own sync converter to use, but the one you have looks good! Where did you get it?

What resolution options have you tried so far? I know this has been made to work by others with a sync combiner, so I’m sure it’s possible. Here’s a post from a thread on the TTForum that you might have seen where the initial boot screen works, but then the Raspian desktop automatically changes the display resolution to one the RNS-E can’t display.

Have you tried connecting to the Pi through VNC once it’s booted up? That should give you an idea as to what resolution it thinks it’s running.

Let me know how you get on - I’m planning on starting this in the next few weeks - initially with my old 192 RNS-E and then when that works I’ll give the 193 a go…

Hi, @Polo

I didn’t know about this TTForum post yet… I’ll take a look. I already have mine working with OpenAuto Pro, but I would like to use this one from React :slight_smile:

about the synchronizer, I did some reading and understanding how vertical and horizontal polarity works and I ended up building this PCB, if you need it, I can provide you with one I have several of these.

If you prefer, you can add me on Telegram

@MrDude what issue are you getting exactly with react-CarPlay? Are you getting no video display at all?

1 Like

Hi, @rhys_m

yes, no image signal is passing, only sound passes, but I think it is a change in the image configuration, as I am connecting it to an image combiner with vertical and horizontal polarity for synchronization, as this is the only way the image signal is received by radio RNs E

Do you know what the best configuration might be?

Thanks

Hi @MrDude,

What is your current config.txt setup for this? What values are you using for hdmi_group and hdmi_mode?

Hi @Polo

Used this In The image, none off the specs is working