Carlinkit is not connecting

Ok yeah your dongle had the product ID of 1521 so it wouldn’t have detected, please do try beta2 hopefully it will pick it up!

Hi, I’m running into the same issue here where the interface won’t load with the same product id 1521, I gave beta2 a try and it still doesn’t seem to be loading.

I just tried v4 beta2.
Unfortunately, I couldn’t test it for another reason.
Electron (Chromium?) doesn’t seem to start.
I can start Chromium on x desktop nomaly.

$ ./carplay/Carplay.AppImage
A JavaScript error occurred in the main process
Uncaught Exception:
Error: /tmp/.mount_Carpla9iPMxT/resources/app.asar.unpacked/node_modules/usb/build/Release/usb_bindings.node: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
    at process.func [as dlopen] (node:electron/js2c/asar_bundle:2:1869)
    at Module._extensions..node (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1354:18)
    at Object.func [as .node] (node:electron/js2c/asar_bundle:2:2096)
    at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1124:32)
    at Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:965:12)
    at f._load (node:electron/js2c/asar_bundle:2:13377)
    at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1148:19)
    at require (node:internal/modules/cjs/helpers:110:18)
    at load (/tmp/.mount_Carpla9iPMxT/resources/app.asar/node_modules/node-gyp-build/node-gyp-build.js:22:10)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/tmp/.mount_Carpla9iPMxT/resources/app.asar/node_modules/usb/dist/usb/bindings.js:8:38)
[3230:1002/123958.417390:ERROR:viz_main_impl.cc(186)] Exiting GPU process due to errors during initialization

It stops here and nothing happens.
I tried “apt-get install chromium” with the same result.
chromium is already the newest version (117.0.5938.132-1~deb11u1).
I am passing this information on so that it may be of some use to you in the future.

Are you running 64bit RaspiOS? That looks to me like you have run the armv7l version when you should be running the 64bit one

apologies, it’s a fault in the 64bit build, will get one done asap!

1 Like

Sorry for the late report.
I am happy to report that I have started with v4b3 and the latest v4b4.
At first I had to unplug and plug it in several times to get it to recognize it, but now I have no problem.

1 Like

I am having the issue with the “Plug-in CarPlay dongle and press” message. I have the dongle with the same product ID 1521 just like Taichi. I believe I have running the latest version 4 of the software. How exactly do I upgrade to the beta version?

Hi Paul, v4 is the latest version, did you solely download the appimage? The udev rules need to be in place, if you run setup-pi.sh it creates them for you