32 bit version and not 64 bit

First thanks :slight_smile:

Well had pi 64 bit version and it took me a while before I figured out that it had to bed the 32 bit version. So maybe it would be an idear to write that into to installation document.

Welcome! It’s in the plan to build a 64bit version too, and have the two versions clearly named on the repo!

A long outstanding task, so will get it done ASAP!

1 Like

Ah the joys of natively built modules!
Any luck with getting Electron Builder to self package various versions? It used to be implemented but it’s broken even using electron-rebuilder…

Currently facing that deamon myself

I have had it working in the past, however since can-smeller, I haven’t had the need to multi package. Hopefully if I get to it at the weekend I’ll give the 32 and 64 bit a go

Same I had it working on older versions on Electron but the most recent ones, regardless of setup even using dockers it isn’t compiling native modules correctly and still shipping the hosts instead
It’s a known issue which hopefully gets sorted

I’ve just bumped into this too. Is this something I have a shot at building myself? I have approximately zero experience with Electron. I could probably spin up a spare Pi4 with arm64 Bullseye and make it accessible by SSH if it would help.

I’ll bump it up the list to do the 64 bit version, hopefully get it done tonight, I need to test as it seems latest raspberry is version might be causing separate issues anyway!

Happy to test here. Currently have a Pi4 booting into OpenDash (under openbox. I have a good recipe for LXDE, it’s just slower to boot). I have a CPC200-CMAP right now, and a wireless one on the way.

Should be good to go, all tested on 64 with my CPC200-CCPM

I did not achieve immediate victory with my -CMAP, but that’s launching from within OpenDash. Sometimes I get “Connect your phone” but usually I get the LIBUSB ERROR NO DEVICE below.

It’s a little odd, as I do see the Carlinkit in lsusb:
Bus 001 Device 008: ID 1314:1520 Magic Communication Tec. Auto Box

I’ll debug further once my -CCPA arrives, probably tomorrow.

[OCRed by my phone]

Uncaught Exception:
at Interface.claim /trp/.mount_ReactcfozByP/resources/app.asar/-node_modules/node-carplay/node_modules/us/dist/usb/interface.js:-34:21)
at DongleHandler.getDevice(/tmp/.mount_ReactCf0zByP/resources/-app.asar/node_modules/node-carplay/modules/DongleHandler.is:149:23) at new DongleHandler (/tmp/.mount_ReactCfOzByP/resources/app.asar/-node modules/node-carplay/modules/DongleHandler.js:114:14)
at new Carplay (/mp/.mount_ ReactfozByP/resources/app.asar/-node_modules/node-carplay/modules/Carplay.js:22:24)
at App.createWindow (/tmp/.mount_ReactcfozyP/resources/app.asar/-build/electron/main.is:63:21)
at App.emit (node:events:513:28)

Have you set up the udev rules?

Looks like Dash sets up a wildcard one, and I added the Carlinkit specific one as well:

amilewski@kami:/etc/udev/rules.d$ cat 51-dashusb.rules 
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="*", ATTR{idProduct}=="*", MODE="0660", GROUP="plugdev"
amilewski@kami:/etc/udev/rules.d$ cat 52-nodecarplay.rules 
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="1314", ATTR{idProduct}=="152*", MODE="0660", GROUP="plugdev"
amilewski@kami:/etc/udev/rules.d$ groups
amilewski adm dialout cdrom sudo audio video plugdev games users input render netdev gpio i2c spi

/me refreshes Amazon tracking. :slight_smile:

I think this might be a bad dongle. dmesg shows it disconnecting and reconnecting every 10s or so.

Ah yeah that will do it, make sure you have a decent enough power supply!

Currently running off a PinePower, but I should wire up the CarPiHat with a big 12V brick just to be sure.

I’ve just tested with openDsh

Works well if you turn off the control bar setting

Things are mostly working here. I see some errors that look like this problem: MESA-LOADER: failed to open swrast on arm64 - Raspberry Pi Forums but they seem benign.

1 Like

Yeah there’s been some changes that have created those errors on the Pi side, but it doesn’t seem to affect it, so I haven’t looked to deep into it